Humility is out and self love is in! Not feeling the love? No worries; we all have our moments, days, weeks, hell sometimes even years. You are not alone.
Do you remember the last time you felt good? No, like really good. Like want to take a hot ass picture, post it on social media, and hope for your ex to slide in the DMs just to tell them “Nah. I’m good, love.” That is how I want you to feel Every. Single. Fucking. Day.
I’m not going to lie, I don’t feel like this all the time. As of lately, not even a majority of the time. But BABY you can be for damn sure that I know I’m a bad ass bitch, I just don’t need to prove it daily.
Here are some things you can do to boost your confidence:
- Put on some clothes that make you feel good. I don’t care if that’s sweatpants, a windbreaker jacket, a velour track suit, a blazer, jeans, whatever! Put it on. Right now. Hang out in it for a bit. Take note of how good you look. Take note of how good you feel. An outfit that you KNOW you look good in can make all the difference.
- Take some pictures! Keep that outfit from earlier on, fix your hair, throw on some makeup if you want, and snap some photos. I don’t just mean a bathroom selfie either. I’m talking ring light, outside, ‘move your plants around for a backdrop’ photos. Now put your phone down, if you stare too long you’ll start to nitpick. Come back to these photos in an hour, a day, a few weeks, or any time you’re feeling down on yourself again. Look at that smile! Look at the fit! The hair! Now what was that you were saying about not feeling confident?
- This may be cheesy but it works, I swear. You don’t think you’re a bad bitch? Well tell yourself you are. FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT. For real. Tell yourself every day that you are a queen. You are a boss. You are intelligent. You are worthy. The more you tell yourself, the more you start to believe it. You wouldn’t lie to yourself, would you?
- Move your body. You don’t need to go run on a treadmill or lift weights. Dance, go for a walk, have sex. Release some endorphins! That body that’s dancing? Incredible. That body that’s walking? Beautiful. That body that is having sex? FUCKING AMAZING. Remind yourself of all of the things your body is instead of what it is not.
- Alright, you’re convinced you’re an incredible queen but you still have some haters? BLOCKED. Block anybody on social media who makes you feel less than. Cut anyone out of your life who treats you less than you deserve. Block 👏 Them 👏 Sis 👏 I know this is easier said than done, but if you can do it- you won’t regret it!
What are some things you do to build your self-confidence? Let me know in the comments!