If you are an over-packer like me, you have come to the right spot! I promise that little human you have does not need 3 outfit changes, 5 pacifiers, & 9 teething toys.
Check out my list of diaper bag necessities:
- Start with a diaper bag that has a ton of pockets! I have this one from Target and love it.
- Diapers, obviously. The trick is to plan at least 1 diaper for every hour you will be gone.
- Wipes, no-brainer.
- Petroleum jelly. I use this 3 Oz squeeze tube, perfect for protecting little booties from diaper rash on-the-go. I’ve found that using petroleum jelly for every diaper change is more effective in preventing diaper rash than any medicated cream is in getting rid of it.
- Burp rag.
- Easy-to-wipe changing pad.
- Extra pacifier.
- Disposable masks, thanks Miss Rona.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Plastic bag, to throw dirty diapers in and keep the smell from lingering.
- Blanket, I love these light-weight swaddle blankets from Copper & Pearl. So many cute options!
- Snacks for mom, absolute must.
- Extra onesie & pants. I suggest throwing a plain white onesie in that way it goes with anything & you won’t miss it in the closet.
- Baby wrap, I have this one from Amazon.
There you have it! Over-packers, you have no excuses anymore. I promise that your babe will be fine with just these basics. Of course you can always throw in a toy or teether but if you forget it, no sweat!